Skip to content
Alden’s Memory Care Life Enrichment Program philosophy is as follows:
- People with dementia are unique individuals, each with his/her own history, interests, strengths and needs.
- The best approach to care is through habilitation, focusing on the abilities of our residents. People with dementia learn through sensory-based learning that is tied to their emotions, as emotions remain intact throughout their journey. Therefore, we tap into those emotions to illuminate their abilities.
- People with dementia experience the world differently than we do, so we need to adapt to their world rather than expecting them to adapt to ours.
- Creativity and flexibility are needed to provide the best care possible.
- People with dementia do best in a caring, supportive environment.
Our memory care professionals are committed to:
- Providing a caring, loving, safe and supportive environment for persons with dementia.
- Having each resident maintain his or her own unique life history, culture, talents, abilities and special interests with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Providing habilitation through the use of residents’ sensory-based knowledge, tapping into their emotions.
- Partnering with individuals, families, friends, staff and the community.